Wednesday, January 30, 2013

On my blog title...

I thought I should address the name of my blog sometime. Now seems like a good time.  So, there were lots of names I had in mind. This name won because I can't count how many times I have heard this. As in "it will happen, someday" or "it will happen, some way or another." I know people don't know what to say and that this seems encouraging. However, it is not. I don't know what the right thing to say is. In fact, if I were in the position of others, this might be something I would say. It is just frustrating. I mean, I know something will happen. I have some control over my life. If I do not get pregnant, I am fully aware that there are other options. I realize that I will someday have children, "somehow." But I, unlike the people who are giving me these words of "encouragement," have been trying for it to happen for THIRTY long months. Thirty months of taking my temperature, timing sex, avoiding alcohol, trying different diets, having my blood taken a million times, surgery, medications, acupuncture, and peeing on sticks, only to get a big fat negative thirty times. So I'm sorry that it is not comforting to hear that it will happen for me too, someday, from someone who's "someday" happened in one month. Now that was negative, but it makes me feel better!

No comments: