Monday, January 28, 2013

Weight Loss vs. Healthful Eating

I have struggled with my weight for most of my adult life. I'm not hugely obese or anything, but I could stand to lose 30 (or 40) pounds. I have gained a few pounds over the past couple of years ttc. It is hard for me to focus on changing a lot of things at once. Therefore, while I was trying to change my eating habits to eat more healthfully for fertility, I was not paying attention to calories. Peanut butter is healthy, right? Anyway, I am now suffering the consequences. Since I am on Lupron for the next couple of months, I figured it was a good time to try to focus more on the weight loss part. So I started counting calories. Since I'm counting calories, I haven't really been too focused on the amount of nutrition in my meals. Do I want a 380 calorie salad, or a 380 calorie french bread pizza? Pizza every time. So, I know this isn't necessarily the best approach, but if I have to choose one, I think I will choose losing weight first. However, my goal is to try to keep losing weight and to try to eat a few more healthy meals in the next couple of months.

No comments: